Welcome to Everything Building Envelope℠!
Everything Building Envelope℠ is a dedicated podcast forum for understanding the building envelope. Our podcast series discusses current trends and issues that contractors, developers and building owners have to deal with related to pre and post construction. Our series touches on various topics related to water infiltration, litigation and construction methods related to the building envelope.
(Released on November 1st)
- What’s wrong with the traditional way of just cutting the head off a gasket and shooting a bead of silicone around the perimeter of the frame?
- What is the value of using Tremco’s restoration wet seal approach?
- Smearing silicone on the issue doesn’t solve the problem.
- What’s the process if I wanted to do the leaky skylight job we just discussed?
- Any idea of ballpark cost of using Tremco’s approach vs. putting in new windows or a skylight?
- What’s the best way to determine what or how the Glazing system is leaking? Field Testing?
- Why is it important to understand the glazing system before starting to repair it?
- What usually is the failure mode for Glazing systems?