(Released on March 15th)
- Where do interest rates head from here?
- Is the U.S. economy poised to grow 3 percent in 2017?
- What impact will a Trump presidency have on construction?
- What are the construction segments that appear poised for the fastest growth?
- Should we be worried about inflation this year?
(Released on March 1st)
- What is your background in the construction industry in South Florida?
- What role do you foresee developer’s playing in the South Florida Building Code?
- What are developers doing to mitigate the natural disasters that occur in South Florida?
- What are the main changes you see forthcoming in the construction industry?
(Released on February 15th)
- What are the largest challenges you see right now pertaining to window and door flashings?
- What are the benefits of liquid applied flashings?
- What are the benefits of a cementitious waterproofing for windows and doors?
- Is one flashing appropriate for all applications?
(Released on February 1st)
- The Advanced Materials Division within Eastman Chemical
- Laminated Glass and it’s Applications
- What is laminated glass?
- How is laminated glass made?
- Architectural & Automotive Applications
- Security, Safety, Sound, Solar, Storm, and Style
(Released on January 15th)
- Who is required to obtain a 40-Year Recertification?
- What does the 40-Year Recertification consist of?
- What gets inspected?
- When does an owner need to perform the recertification?
- When is the report due?
- Where does an owner obtain 40-year Recertification information in order to start the process?
- Where do we find a qualified Architect/Engineer?
- Why do we need to perform these inspections?
- How do we get the 40-Year Recertification done?
(Released on January 1st)
- About Landmark Restorations.
- What sets Landmark Restorations apart from its competitors.
- What drives most of your work—from a client standpoint?
- What are the challenges in this business?
- How has the market/clients changes over time?
- What do you see as the future of Landmark Restorations?
(Released on December 15th)
- Advantages of the unitized systems over the traditional stick-built glazing systems
- Crawford-Tracey’s Pro-Tech line of pre-glazed systems have a water rating of 100psf; the industry average is 12 to 15 psf. What is the significance of having such a higher water rating?
- The Pro-Tech system uses a single seal as a moisture barrier. The benefit of using a single seal versus a dual seal. Is the single seal adequate?
- How the updated FL Building Code affected requirements for exterior glazing systems. Has it changed how your systems are manufactured?
(Released on December 1st)
- Why are skylights a must have for large buildings?
- What kind of skylights are available?
- How has the industrial skylight evolved over the years?
- ICC-ES Listings and why they are important
- Photovoltaic, BIPV Systems
(Released on November 15th)
- Give a brief history of silicone sealants used in both weatherproofing and structural glazing applications.
- What is the benefit of using silicone sealants in those types of applications?
- How long do these materials last (sustainability) in those applications?
- What are the upcoming innovations using silicone based materials?
(Released on November 1st)
- What is Bluebeam Revu and what can it do?
- How has the AEC industry adopted technology like Bluebeam Revu?
- What challenges has the AEC industry faced in terms of technology adoption?
- How do you see technology influencing the industry today and in the future?
- How has the GCI team adopted Revu and continued to evolve its use?
Episode 9 Tim Salerno & Paul Beers
(Released on October 1st)
- What’s taking place in the current construction market place that is helping drive the prefab business?
- What are some concerns & solutions of prefab? Ex, panel to panel joints, etc.
- What type of cladding options are available for owners & design professionals to choose from, for claddings that can be prefabricated in a climate controlled facility?
- Does prefab walls for the exterior envelope offer the ability to meet code requirements for air barriers, c.i., and in the case of Florida or other high velocity wind zones, hurricane impact requirements?
Episode 8: Paul Beers & Diana Darling
(Released on September 15th)
- The Architects Newspaper
- About the Company
- Mission Changes over the Years
- Facades+ Conference
- What is it? Who’ll be there?
- When & Where will it be?
- Tech+ Expo
- What is it? Who is there?
Episode 7: Paul Beers & Will Smith
(Released on September 1st)
- How to use field testing for:
- New Construction
- Forensic Investigation
- ASTM Standards
- AAMA Standard
- Improper testing and how it affects litigation cases
Episode 6: Paul Beers
(Released on August 1, 2016)
- Below Grade Waterproofing
- Amenity Decks
- Rooftop Pedestrian Areas
- Water Features
- Stucco Systems
Episode 5: Paul Beers and Jeff Rigot
(Released on July 1, 2016)
- Guest Jeff Rigot talks about his employer Viracon, the industry, its business, product lines and the markets it serves
- Paul and Jeff discuss the 2014 provisions for Commercial and Residential building facades and fenestration technologies being used today to meet hurricane standards
- Commercial/Residential Energy Code changes to the glazing market in Florida
- Architectural and current fenestration design trends and technologies for building facades
- Perspective on current business climate for new commercial construction in Florida and predictions for the next 2-3 years.
Episode 4: Paul Beers
(Released on June 1, 2016)
1. History of Hurricane Glazing, how it came about and how it developed into a cottage industry in Florida and beyond
2. The many uses for hurricane glazing and beyond hurricanes such as: Bomb blasts, tornado’s seismic, security and acoustics
3. Evolution of hurricane glazing codes and standards. The SBCCI and ASTM efforts
4. Where systems are today
Episode 3: Paul Beers and Senior Consultant Peter Craig
(Released on May 1, 2016)
1. Background expertise of Peter Craig
2. Trends and waterproofing
3. Below grade is the starting point
4. Options that are good – better – best
5. Amenity Decks
6. Roofing trends
7. Why to use a third party for quality control
Episode 2: Paul Beers and V.P. Senior Consultant Chris Matthews
(Released on April 1, 2016)
1. Background of Chris Matthews
2. Different approaches to prevent water infiltration
3. Importance and value of waterproof testing
4. Keeping water out
5. Sequence of events crucial for best results
Episode 1: CEO of GCI Consultants Paul Beers
(Released March 1, 2016)
1. Background of host Paul Beers
2. The impact of hurricanes and GCI’s involvement in establishing new building codes
3. Who is GCI and the services we offer
4. Goal: To discuss topics related to the exterior building envelope.
Best Practices, Emerging trends, Hazards